4 Temmuz 2016 Pazartesi

Masala Pori | Kara Pori | Spicy Puffed Rice with Roasted Nuts




We are starting the third week of BM#65, I will be sharing some of the holiday dishes I cooked for my kids this summer. Twins started their next academic year last week and Konda started her higher sec school this week. So I know I am a week late in sharing holiday dishes. 




When I thought about Holiday dishes, many things came to mind. It can be anything that your kids might like or you yourself will cook if it's a long vacation and wants to indulge. So on those lines, I remembered this Masala Pori that has always been a part of our holiday season growing up. In fact, it is so much associated with vacations that I remember Amma or my aunts packing this for long journeys. 






This masala pori is for just lazying around and indulging in a good exercise for your jaw muscles. I had shared this on Instagram when I had made it last time. Finla asked me how I make, and if I had a post on it. I was so sure I would be having it on the blog. To my surprise, I realized that I don't. I shared the recipe with her and said I will be sharing on the blog soon.




Until this week, I didn't get a chance to click the final pick and asked Chinnu to hold it for me in the rolled up paper pocket as it is sold in Madras Beach. I have never bought from the roadside vendor, however, what we make at home tastes so good that I need not venture out.




This gets done so fast that it has always been the preferred snack when kids ask for something quick. So make this next time you have vacation and enjoy.










Masala Pori




Puffed Rice - 2 cups



Red chili powder - 1 tsp



Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp



Salt - 3/4 tsp (adjust to your taste)



Curry leaves handful



Crushed Garlic cloves - 4 to 5



Mustard seeds, Urad Dal - 1 tsp



Fried Gram - fistful



Oil - 2 tsp



Dry Red chilies - 3 to 4 long



Peanuts - handful



Cashew Nuts - handful



Hing a pinch





How to make Masala Pori




Heat oil, fry cashews, peanuts, remove once it turns colour. 




Then add crushed garlic, curry leaves to the hot oil, remove when it starts sizzling




When it is still hot, sprinkle salt, red chili powder.




In a nonstick pan, heat the oil, sauté the mustard, urad dal, dry red chilies, garlic and fried gram. Then add the turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, toss well.




Then add the puffed rice, toss well until well coated. Finally, add the masala peanut and cashews.




You can also add hing to the oil before adding puffed rice,






Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder