4 Temmuz 2016 Pazartesi

Eggless Mango Mousse Recipe | How to make Mango Mousse




After that delicious ice cream, I have another easy dessert made with the season's best fruit, Mango! Mangoes hit our market from the last weeks of April and is available throughout May and June.




While it's been a different story during my childhood, after marriage, I have eaten only Banganapalle variety. When I was with parents, the season used to be demarked with specific mango variety coming on the table as it is cropped. However now I have struck to Banganapalle and nothing else. In fact, I will go and claim nothing tastes as good as Banganapalle.




Every year my MIL will get the best ones specially handpicked and packed with care and the box reaches us during Konda's birthday. That's when we have both my SILs visiting us and I am so busy that I hardly ever get to taste these fruits. 





Same happened this year too and when a just handful of mangoes left out, I decided I better make the desserts I have planned on making. I quickly got these tucked off and during this long weekend I got, I finally made it. 




I got the idea for this when I was reading through NDTV food. Since I do not use gelatin, I always stock Agar Agar/ China Glass. I remember I had the Strawberry flavour and since it was too late to get another pack, I went ahead using that in this Mousse. That's the reason the mousse is more orangish than yellow. 





I wanted to call it Mango Strawberry Mousse, since I actually didn't taste the strawberry in the mousse struck with mango alone. This makes a great dessert when paired with cream. The weekend was so hot and the soaring heat didn't allow the cream to peak. It was melting the moment it came out of the fridge. 


And the climate took a drastic turn with Tuesday having heavy showers. Still I won't mind having this even in chill weather!



Sending these to my buddy PJ who has helped me out by hosting this month's Kid's Delight Edition, themed on Summer Coolers


Linking this to Summer Party at TidyMom












Eggless Mango Mousse




Ingredients Needed




Mango pulp - 2 cups



China Grass / Agar Agar - 1 tbsp (I used Strawberry china grass, you can use vanilla)



Sugar - 1/2 cup




For Cream



Cream - 1 cup



Icing Sugar - 3 tbsp





4-6 short, transparent glasses to set the mousse



mango slices to garnish



Mint Leaves




How to make the Eggless Mango Mousse




Peel and chop mangoes into pieces. Heat a nonstick pan with mango pieces, sugar, and cook for 5 to 7 mins. 




Allow to cool and blend to a fine paste. 




Meanwhile, warm 1/2 cup water and dissolve the agar agar. Add this to the mango pulp that's in the pan. Stir well and cook for few minutes.




Remove from heat, pour into the individual glasses and leave to cool.




Beat the cream and add the icing sugar till it holds shape. Refrigerate till it chills. Add this over the mango layer and chill for another hour or so.




Garnish with mango slices, mint, chill, and serve.  





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder