4 Temmuz 2016 Pazartesi

Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe




We are starting the fourth week of BM#64. Another month so quickly passed away. The days are flying so quickly, I pause to think if I have actually made the best use of the time. Every day is a rushed up one, trying to catch up with the schedule. 




I felt this month would have been longer with the kids being at home and relatives visiting us. Still the days went off so quickly. It surely is a milestone month for us. Konda turned 15 and awaiting her 10 grade results. 




On my part, I was supposed to cook so many treats for the kids as they are at home. Manages just handful. Even for this week, I was supposed to do Pickles and Preserves, however, we had unexpected showers for most of the last week and my plans went down the drain.




Amma had made a couple of pickles for my SIL when they visited us a couple of months ago. Since they made when I wasn't around and all of it tastes so good, I asked Amma to pass me the recipes. However while one didn't require sunlight, the other two did and I was discouraged by the rains.






So I had to finally change the themes and decided to do the special theme. I normally never pick this even though I have a huge bookmarked recipes. Most of those would have been copied to my personal folder and I don't remember saving the original source. Even then I am known never to follow a recipe to T, so changed whatever I could in this recipe as well!




For the next three days, I will be sharing recipes from my saved files.




The first in the series is a Chocolate Chip Cookie that I converted to eggless using Ener-G Egg Replacer. The recipe that was with 2 cups flour, called for 2 eggs. I made only 1 cup flour, so used 1 tbsp Ener-G Egg Replacer.




When I made these cookies I remembered the cookies that I got from SFO. I think those were Betty Crocker Cookies and most of it were jumbo sized. I ate one and felt it was so sinful and delicious. Realized later that it had egg in it. My family enjoyed the cookies so much.




I have already a handful of cookies blogged about. Since my kids are so fond of cookies, I think I can never be without trying a new one. Today's cookie uses Instant Pudding Mix or Custard powder. I checked later and found this to be similar to this Betty Crocker recipe












Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients Needed:




All purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup + 1 tbsp



Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup



Brown sugar 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp 



Granulated Sugar - 2 tbsp 



Vanilla Instant Pudding mix / Custard powder - 2 tbsp 



Ener-G Egg Replacer - 1 tbsp + 3 tbsp for 1 egg



Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp



Salt a pinch



Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp



Mix of dark, semi-sweet and double chocolate chips - 1 cup




How to make the Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies




Preheat the oven at 185C




In a bowl, Cream together butter and sugar. 




In a bowl, mix the Ener-G powder and water. Let it stand for 5 mins.




Next, add custard powder, flour, and baking soda. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. 




Stir in the chocolate chips until combined.




Spoon cookie dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Mine took about 12 mins.




Let it cool to harden a bit. However, these are chewy cookies.




Enjoy once it sets. 





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder